Wold Escapes is part of the JSR Farming Group.
Wold Escapes understands the severity of processing and holding your personal data.
This policy outlines our data processing practices and the ways in which your personal data is used. Personal data is anything that discloses your identity and that is unique to you e.g., names, address, date DOB.
THE DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This policy aims to ensure compliance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). The GDPR sets out the following principles with which any party handling personal data must comply. All personal data must be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. Further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered incompatible with the initial purpose.
- Adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
- Every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which it is process, is erased or rectified without delay.
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed. Personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject.
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you when you:
- Sign up to a Wold Escapes and or The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School JSR newsletter.
- Complete a job application form provide feedback or request information.
- Enter a competition.
We also collection information deemed ‘Digital Personal Data’ which includes, but is not limited to:
- IP address
- Email address
- Browser type
- Length of visit on website
In some situations it may be necessary for us to store sensitive information. This may include:
- Results of a health questionnaire
- If an accident occurs within a JSR Farms Ltd site and/or involves a member of JSR staff.
- If specific dietary requirements or accessibility has been disclosed to us
How your information is collected
- If you directly provide your personal data to us e.g., through making an order via the AI order line, subscribing to a JSR newsletter.
- Through visiting our website, your data is stored as cookies – see our Cookies Policy.
- Through interaction on our social media pages e.g., Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We will ensure that personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. Your data may be used to compile reports and statistics that comply with contractual requirements and administration purposes.
These may include, but are not limited to:
- Correspondence by letter.
- To complete or fulfil an order.
- To answer an enquiry made via our website.
- When there is ‘legitimate interest’ e.g., when you have opted in to receive our newsletter, and when these interests are of no harm to your rights.
- If there is a legal requirement to do so.
- If you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us, we may use your personal data to inform you of updates and product or company news.
- We may collect information in regard to interaction with our communication material.
- You can unsubscribe from our communications, at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Wold Escapes, Highfield Farm, Southburn Road, Driffield, East Yorkshire, YO25 9AF.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will never pass your personal data to anyone else, except for successions in our title to our business and suppliers that process data on our behalf.
HOW WE SECURELY STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Where we collect personal data we may securely store this in both a hard copy and electronic copy, format. We will hold your information for only as long as is deemed necessary and relevant. When personal data is no longer required, all reasonable steps will be taken to erase or otherwise dispose of without delay.
We shall ensure that all personal data collected, held, and processed is kept secure and protected against accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
We have appropriate security procedures in place to protect your data. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
The GDPR which apply from 25th May 2018, give individuals the rights, regarding what personal information is stored and how it is used.