Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School Recipe: Sausage Roll Wreath
Festive Sausage Roll Wreath Recipe!
Looking for a recipe idea to impress friends and family over the festive season? Then this festive sausage roll wreath is just for you!
So easy, especially using ready rolled puff pastry and perfect for all guests including children. Who doesn’t love a sausage roll? Of course the sausages can be pork or veggie, whatever you or your guests fancy.
1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry (320g) (G)
12 chipolata sausages (G, S)
Dijon mustard or similar (optional) (M)
1 egg lightly beaten with 2 tbsp milk (E, M)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan/ 220°C/ Gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Unroll the pastry carefully and use a ruler to measure out 12 squares. Leave a thin line of pastry at the bottom.
- Using a sharp knife cut out the squares. Keep the left over pastry to make a bow.
- If using, spread a little mustard over the pastry then place a sausage on top of each square at an angle. Join the opposite edges of the pastry squares together with a drop of water.
- Mix together the egg and milk and brush the egg wash over the sides of each sausage roll.
- Arrange the sausage rolls on a baking tray in a tight circle ensuring each one is touching but leaving a hole in the centre. Brush the tops with egg wash.
- Use the remaining strip of pasty to make a bow and place this on the wreath of sausages and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the sausages are cooked and the pastry is golden brown.
Top tip: why not try swapping the mustard for some cranberry sauce.
Cereals including gluten (G), milk (M), egg (E), mustard (M)
To view our cookery classes please visit our cookery school page on our website.